Our practice brings therapists together to grow and develop owners that have industry-leading experience. A commitment to patient and therapist advancement with the support of technical and professional skill drives our focus, exceeding client expectations.
Our professional staff includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and athletic trainers.
Under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist assist the Occupational Therapist in the practice of occupational therapy to include development deficits, activities of daily living work conditioning, range of motion, coordination, balance endurance, cognition, and exercise programs to restore function and increase strength.
- Patient Care: directs and aides patients in active and passive exercise programs, leisure activities, ADL training, coordination, balance, endurance cognition, conditioning, perceptual-motor activities as directed by Occupational Therapist. Assists in fabricating splints as directed by Occupational Therapist. Communicates any change inpatient’s condition to Occupational Therapist.
- Documentation: complete documentation of patient’s chart, which includes, progress notes, patient charges, patient/family education record, team conference reports. Assists with reassessments and discharge summaries under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
- Supervision: direct activities of technicians, students and volunteers as assigned.
- Quality: assists with the implementation of new program as needed. Involved with quality assessment and improvement plan.
- Department Compliance: complies with department policy and procedures, safety/inspection control plans/OSHA guidelines, employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Demonstrates customer service principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
– Knowledge of Occupational Therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.
Associate Degree as an Occupational Therapist Assistant
- One or more years related experience and/or training preferred
- Licensed within the State of employment
We offer a competitive salary with incentive opportunities, comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Life and supplemental offerings, 401k, and paid time off. PT Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Check us out at www.ptsolutions.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.