Are you ready for the Cartersville Duathlon? Spring forward with PTS Sports coach, Brett Daniels, and his preview of the bike course.
Brett began his multisport career with a reverse sprint triathlon (5k run, 20k bike, 300m pool swim) in Kuwait while deployed in support of Operation Desert Thunder. Since then he has completed well over 100 multisport races from sprint to Ironman (Louisville x2, Lake Placid, Coeur D’Alene) including the 2008 Ironman 70.3 World Championships. Brett began coaching in 2004 when he received his Level I certification from USA Triathlon, since then he has obtained Level II certifications from USA Triathlon and USA Cycling. His athletes consistantly place at the top of their age groups as well as overall at local, regional, and national races. Some highlights include the following:
- 1st place overall female Great Floridian Iron Distance triathlon
- 1st place overall female Florida Double Iron
- 2nd place overall Badwater Ultramarathon
- 1st place overall West Point Lake Olympic
- 1st place overall Clemson Sprint
- 5th place pro Ironman Florida 70.3 (3:58)
- sub 9 hour Ironman (Ironman Florida)
Brett is a graduate of Middle Tennessee State University (B.S. Aerospace) and works as an Air Traffic Controller at Dobbins ARB, GA. He served 5 years in the US Army and is a graduate of Air Assault and Pathfinder School. He lives in Woodstock, GA with his wife Kate and two children (Lilly and Aaron). When not training or coaching for triathlon he enjoys watching college football, eating BBQ, and the occasional round of golf.
- Level II Coach Certification
- Level 2 Cycling Certification