Under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist, assists the physical therapist in the practice of Physical Therapy. Performs Physical Therapy treatments for inpatient rehabilitation patients designed to restore function, prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of body parts, and to relieve pain according to treatment plans established by a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Patient Care: directs and aides patients in therapeutic exercise, gait, and functional training, applies therapeutic modalities, performs ROM measurements, and other activities according to the plan of care established by Licensed Physical Therapist. Communicates any change in patient’s condition to Physical Therapist.
2. Documentation: completes documentation of patient’s chart, which may include, but is not limited to, progress notes, patient charges, patient/family education record. Assists with reassessments and discharge summaries under the direction of the Physical Therapist.
3. Supervision: directs activities of technicians, students and volunteers as assigned.
4. Quality: assist with the implementation of new programs as needed. Involved with quality assessment and improvement plan.
5. Department Compliance: complies with department policy and procedures, safety/inspection control plans/OSHA guidelines, employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
6. Demonstrates customer service/P.R.I.D.E. principles and behaviors appropriately.
7. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
9. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
10. Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
11. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
12. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
13. May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- Associate Degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Licensed by State Department of Health Licensure Board, a division of Medical Quality Assurance required
- BLS within 90 days of hire required
- 1-2 years preferred
- New graduates accepted
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of occupational therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.
PT Solutions offers a competitive salary with incentive opportunities, comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Life and supplemental offerings, 401k, and paid time off. PT Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please place your preferred location in the message section of the application.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.