- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Handle patient appointment/scheduling.
- Obtain patient, billing and insurance information in order to maintain current and accurate information in patient files and billing system. Also, prepare forms or reports and conduct billing or collection activities including data.
- Perform general clerical functions as necessary including filing copying and transcription of evaluations, physician letters, progress notes, discharge summaries and related correspondence. Must have a working knowledge of all front desk duties.
- Coordinate patient charts and appointments to ensure timely service within facility.
- Verify insurance eligibility of patients as needed and authorizations to determine if payer at risk.
- Coordinate communications with payers to ensure accurate billing practices. Includes correspondence with third party payer sources and referral sources.
- Provide counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and obtaining credit agreements for outstanding balances.
- Administer quality assurance programs to ensure patient satisfaction with facility services.
- Ensure timely reporting of key statistics to service center and owners.
- Ensure timely reporting of key facility statistics owners and service center, revenues, cash and patient flow.
- Maintain a system of controls to ensure proper handling of cash receipts, including daily entry in billing system and bank deposits.
- Gather time cards and review for accuracy, submitting to payroll in a timely manner.
- Assist with cleaning/laundry and clinical aesthetics.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities