The purpose of the position is to assist the therapist in non-clinical support to the patient through greeting patients, assisting patients to treatment areas, facility/room cleaning and set up including tasks such as linen management, facility and equipment cleaning. The therapist aide is not responsible for patient treatment. The therapist aide shall respect the rights and dignity of all individual and shall provide compassionate care, shall act in a trustworthy manner towards patients and in all other aspects of physical therapy service.
- Greet patients and assist patients to treatment area as directed by therapist or therapist assistant.
- Clean treatment room and prepare room for next patient.
- Maintain cleanliness of therapeutic equipment as outlined on Equipment cleaning logs
- Maintain daily cleanliness facilities including but not limited to: dusting of equipment, vacuum floors, empty trash cans, cleaning of treatment mats and chairs
- Maintain linen by washing, folding and appropriately storing linens
- Maintain therapeutic supplies by refill of containers and stocking of treatment carts.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Handle patient appointment/scheduling in the absence of the patient care representative
- Obtain patient billing and insurance information in order to maintain current and accurate information in patient files and billing system. Also, prepare forms or reports and conduct billing or collection activities including data. Perform these duties in absence of patient customer service representative.
- Perform general clerical functions as necessary including filing, copying and transcription of evaluations, physician letters, progress notes, discharge summaries and related correspondence. Must have a working knowledge of all front desk duties. Perform these duties in absence of patient customer service representative.
- Coordinate patient charts and appointments to ensure timely service within facility. Perform these duties in absence of patient customer service representative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, oral (includes telephone skills).
- Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize to facilitate steady patient flow
- Ability to work with disabled individuals.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, faxes, copiers, etc.
- Completion of age-specific competencies and able to demonstrate age-specific treatments provided in clinic and/or location.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.