- Physical therapy assistants will direct and aide patients in therapeutic exercise, gait, and functional training, apply therapeutic modalities, perform ROM measurements, and other activities according to the plan of care established by the licensed physical therapist. Communicates any change in patient’s condition to Physical Therapist.
- The clinic PTA will complete documentation of patient’s chart, which may include but is not limited to, progress notes, patient charges, and patient/family education records. They will assist with reassessments and discharge summaries under the direction of the physical therapist.
- In this role, the PTA will direct activities of technicians, students and volunteers as assigned.
- Assist with the implementation of new programs as needed. Involved with quality assessment and improvement plan.
- Comply with department policy and procedures, safety/inspection control plans/OSHA guidelines, employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Demonstrate customer service/P.R.I.D.E. principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Actively seek ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follow established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attend inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements
- Use Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Licensed by State Department of Health Licensure Board, a division of Medical Quality Assurance required
- BLS within 90 days of hire required
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- New graduates accepted
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Please place your preferred location in the message section of the application.