Fall is officially here! What are some of your favorite Fall activities? One of our favorite times of year, we love being at the sidelines with our Fall sports teams, gearing up for holiday races and of course the changing weather! With football in full swing, there’s been a lot of talk about concussions, what it means for our youth athletes and diagnosing CTE before its too late. Stay up to date with industry research and hot topics, as well as checking out what we’ve been up to, below.
Industry Hot Topics:
- Researchers identify possible biomarker to diagnose CTE before death
- Concerned with safety the CFL eliminates fully padded practices during regular season
- The APTA advocates for access to affordable, quality health care, the Graham-Cassidy bill challenges those ideals.
- A national survey shows 1/5 teens in the United States has history of concussions
- The request to make non-opioid treatments, such as physical therapy, a priority
- We joined forces with The Concussion Legacy Foundation for Team Up, Speak Up Day to help bring awareness to the importance of understanding this silent injury.
- A new series of “Fitness Friday” videos focusing on individuals who work in offices or at desk jobs looking to avoid/relieve back pain
- We’re hosting our first PTS Chat a live Q&A about career opportunities in our newest region, Kansas City!
- We welcomed our 6th Orthopaedic Residency class – 26 Doctors of Physical Therapy from Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee.
- The #PTSFam will be at the APTA National Student Conclave, will you?
Plus some nice words from our patients!