- Patient Care: conducts diagnostic and prognostic evaluations and functional ability tests as prescribed, observing all precautions for indications and contra-indications. Plans and implements therapy programs as per physician’s orders, and in compliance with current standards and practices. Makes recommendations regarding care of the patient to the physician, team members and discharge planner/case manager.
- Documentation: evaluates patient’s records and documents progress in patient’s chart in a timely basis. Completes documentation in patient records on a timely basis which includes but is not limited to evaluations, progress notes, charges, updated prescriptions, discharge notes, re-evaluations, Medicare forms and physician and patient communication.
- Supervision: direct activities of certified Speech Therapist Assistants, Rehab Technicians, students and volunteers as assigned. Ensures treatment plans are being performed appropriately by assistants, Rehab Technicians and students.
- Quality: participates in continuous quality improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, recommendations and implementation of quality assurance action plans.
- Department Compliance: complies with department policy and procedures, safety/inspection control plans/OSHA guidelines, employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Demonstrates customer service principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Availability/Attendance: Demonstrates flexibility and reliability and ensures that patient and facility needs are met.
- Education/Development: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance, opportunities for personal growth and ability to change.
- Health/Safety/Security: Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes of patient care, employee rights and responsibilities.
- Productivity/Initiative: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration. Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities within the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Speech Language Pathology principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Completion of a Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology, and Certificate of Clinical Competency
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.