Do You Experience Pain When Riding?
Bike fitting or the bike fit may be the cause. Here are the basic causes of pain while cycling:
- Neck and shoulder symptoms are related to handlebar or stem position
- Lower extremity (knee/hip/ankle) pain is related to saddle position
Riding your bike should be a pain-free. Getting your bike fit correct and aligned to your body is a good way to minimize pain and maximize enjoyment.
What is Bike Fitting?
It’s pretty simple: we examine you and your bike to make sure you fit together. Whether we’re performing a road or mountain bike fitting, the principles and process are the same:
- We perform a comprehensive evaluation of your flexibility, strength, and posture
- We adjust your bike to ensure it’s properly fitted to your individual body
- We look at painful areas and how they might be caused
- We examine the biomechanical alignment between you and your bike