Do you experience pain or discomfort when riding your bike?
The cause might be the fit of your bike! Here are the basic causes of pain while cycling:
- Neck and shoulder symptoms are related to handlebar or stem position.
- Lower extremity (knee/hip/ankle) pain is related to saddle position.
Riding your bike should be a pain-free experience. Getting your bike fitted to your body is a great way to minimize pain and maximize enjoyment!
What is a bike fitting?
It’s pretty simple: we examine you and your bike to make sure you fit together. Whether we’re performing a road or mountain bike fitting, the principles and process are the same:
- We perform a comprehensive evaluation of your flexibility, strength, and posture
- We adjust your bike to ensure it’s properly fitted to your individual body
- We look at painful areas and how they might be caused
- We examine the biomechanical alignment between you and your bike